Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Break




            This winter break has been one for the books so far. It started out with a wonderful weekend away in Lancaster with my boyfriend where I got engaged!!! Then, I was able to celebrate the holidays & New Year with my family and friends and had two whole weeks off of work & school (this was wonderful). In addition, I successfully passed my first semester of graduate school and have officially registered for my summer courses. It’s crazy to think that come the end of this summer I will be almost half way done with my graduate program! Now I get to finish out the rest of winter break working in graduate admissions, relaxing, and spending time with my family and friends. 

I strongly recommend if you can go away even for a night, weekend, close, or far, whatever it may be to do so during winter break. After my finals I was exhausted and stressed. Then instead of stressing about my finals I was stressing about my grades lol. I needed something to help me relax and just unwind after weeks of studying and stressing.  My fiancé and I decided to make this our Christmas present to one another so we split the cost which made our weekend getaway extremely affordable. (Helpful Tip: go with a large group, family, friends, or a significant other because it will be fun and help cut costs.) If you can’t go away then make sure to do something for yourself whether that be get a manicure/pedicure, a massage, go out for a night with friends, start working out again, find a new show to watch on Netflix, or anything in general that will help you to relax, unwind, and enjoy your free time while you have it.
 
I am really trying to relax, organize things, energize myself, and get myself in the best possible position I can to begin my second semester. 

Remember Winter break is your month of brain, emotional, and physical relaxation, be sure to enjoy it!
                        -Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment