Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Spring Semester Classes



I have finally had all of my classes for the Spring Semester, thanks to Mother Nature giving us some snow days. This semester I am taking Neurological Bases of Communication Disorders, Diagnostic Methods, and Language Disorders in School-Aged Children. The semester is already starting off different than last. My classes are more hands-on and interactive which is great because we are now taking things we learned last semester and either expanding off of them or applying them to real life situations/cases.

What am I learning this semester?

 In my diagnostics class I get to learn all about how to administer, score, and understand standardized tests. For a group project we conducted a language sample that we get to transcribe and see all the way through which is really cool. In my language disorders class we are learning all about speech-pathologists roles in a school-system, children learning/having difficulties with speech and language in academics, and different prevention/ intervention methods. In my Neuro class we are learning ALL about the BRAIN!!! What is really great about this class is that we not only get to learn about the brain which I personally find fascinating, but we get to see how different disorders/diseases affect the brain in regards to how, where, and possibly even why. 

This semester is going to be a challenge, but I am looking forward to it =)
            -Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment