Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Classmates



I have taken the best journey of my life with memories that will last a lifetime. I have met the most amazing people; my classmates. We spent nearly everyday together (Monday-Friday) and many weekends working on projects and/or studying. I never could have imagined becoming so close with so many people that are all so different from me. I have grown to love each and everyone. I admire them and they all inspire me in so many ways. 

Throughout this program, we have shared so much happiness. We have laughed until we cried. My class is a very lively, animated, and a humorous group. This made our days together so much more fun. Some of these memories include classmates singing and playing instruments, putting our feet behind our heads (Ryan), baking, dancing (especially Genelle), birthday poems, dressing up with clothes from the ADL suite, bringing pets to school, playing volleyball, hiding book bags on each other, running to get more coffee as fast as we can, performing skits, many nights at Dubliner especially karate nights, exploring the baltimore harbor, going on paddle boats, days in colombia, Jay teaching yoga while I do Reiki, and acting during lab! I have to say when we have to act out behaviors in lab for our partners we are really good! Many too good!!! I am always laughing with my classmates and this makes my days much happier and joyful especially when we are in the classroom all week for so many hours!

We shared many life milestones together such as engagements, weddings, and babies! We celebrated these days together with love and happiness.

We cried together when we were so overwhelmed and afraid we couldn’t handle much more. We shared frustrations when we just couldn’t figure things out. We shared our feelings of being stressed out with everything in life especially when those outside the program didn’t understand. But you know what got us through this? Our love and support for each other. There have been times when I was so upset and saw another classmate having a nervous breakdown. Immediately, it was my mission to make them feel better whether it be assembling screws and pins for their splint or hugging it out. The great part about this is that it makes you feel better too! I can’t tell you how many times I was stressed out and my classmates have called me to cheer me up, bring me coffee or do ridiculous things just to make me laugh! The support that I have gained from graduate school is nothing but amazing. I have 25 beautiful souls that support me as much as I support them!

Truly, they brought balance and joy into my life. I really couldn’t imagine spending two years with anyone better than my class of 2015. Thank you all for being the amazing people that you are. You have made this the best journey of my life. You are my friends but more importantly you are my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment