Friday, April 14, 2017

Three Years Later.. A Brief Flashback Look into my Journey to Stockton



For those who don't know me, my name is Ike and this semester (spring 2017) will be my 3rd year and 6th semester at Stockton. I currently serve many leadership positions on campus including being a student representative on the Board of Trustees. Looking back at my experience at Stockton, its hard to believe I've come this far.

My journey to Stockton University was a rather unique one. Stockton was a school I initially applied for as a high school senior but decided not to go to; I never imagined I'd end up here. During my transfer process I considered many schools, but I chose to come to Stockton because of their Dual-Degree program. Stockton's Criminal Justice program offers a Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice with several different tracks (I choose the Homeland Security Track). Although Stockton wasn't the only school that offered the Criminal Justice Dual Degree program, it was the only school that offered me direct entry into the program as a transfer student. It's safe to say this program brought me to Stockton, it's hard to believe that I'm more than half way done with the program.

Looking back at my journey, I truly believe that Stockton University has truly helped me develop many professional skills . Many of the skills I've learned are due to my involvement on campus in various leadership roles. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment