Friday, October 11, 2013

Studying Skills



Studying hard pays off! Here are some tips that may help you with your studies that have helped me immensely!

1. Do the readings before class and preview your notes before class. This will give you some understanding of what the professors are talking about in class.
2. Review your notes after class or at least later that day.
3.  Come to class with questions and if you don’t understand something ask! Chances are someone else doesn't get it either.
4. Use the internet. There are plenty of resources you can use! I ALWAYS use the internet when there are things I don’t understand completely. Youtube and google are life savers!
5. If you have time, rewrite your notes into your own words. It’s time consuming but it helps you to better understand concepts.
6. It’s helpful to be able to explain everything into your own words. After class I will talk to my boyfriend about things I learned in class that day. I will word things in my own words so he understands and I will demonstrate activities I learned in class like testing muscle tone!
7. You have to study things repeatedly. You can’t look at something once or twice and expect to know everything.
8. Apply your learned knowledge into everyday life. For example, when I am at the gym lifting weights I imagine the actin or myosin in my muscles getting bigger. Also, when I do certain exercises at the gym I ask myself if it’s closed or open chain. Things like that will help you understand the concepts that you are learning in class.
9. A study tool I would recommend to use is quizlet! My classmates and I create flashcards for each test and it helps me study effectively.
10. Use your classmates. Anytime there is an upcoming test, meet with classmates to study. They will help you more than you may realize. 


-Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment